ESLA Bloggers' Forum: Business and Pleasure in Cartagena

4/10/11

Business and Pleasure in Cartagena

A student writes about a recent business trip to Cartagena

I went to Cartagena on a business trip last week. When I arrived there, I felt the weather being really hot but the landscape was amazing. The sea and the sand made me feel relaxed.

Three countries represented in the same meeting: Colombia, Peru and Ecuador, for the first time together in a sales convention.

The first night we had a meeting at the theater in the center of Cartagena.  Everybody wore white clothes and we had a lot of expectations about the gathering. During the meeting we were listening to an incredible philharmonic orchestra for one hour and the director was explaining the similarities between the orchestra and the J&J company. For me it was very interesting and deep.

The second day we were divided in three different groups and worked on different activities during all morning. At the end of these activities, I felt very tired. In all the afternoon we had another marketing meeting. At night we went to the downtown of Cartagena to visit the different monuments and houses there. Then we had dinner and went to sleep.

The last day we had a gathering in the morning, but in the afternoon we had free time to do whatever we wanted. I stayed on the beach and the swimming pool enjoying myself. At night we had a party with dinner, music and dance.

At the end of the sales convention we returned to Cali, happy but a little bit tired. 

Paola

No comments:

Post a Comment